World Famous Dixie Saloon is accepting resumes for the position of Restaurant General Manager. The Dixie Saloon rests upon the coast of Lake Huron with a scenic view of ferry departures to Mackinac Island, and is one of the busiest restaurants in the State of Michigan. Serving an extensive menu from burgers and wraps, local fish specials, fine steaks and is known for their world-famous Dixie Ribs. The Dixie Saloon has been a historic venue in Mackinaw City since 1890.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and supervise staff
- Ensure all food safety procedures are strictly adhered to according to sanitary regulations
- Work closely with management to meet revenue objectives
- Implement appropriate strategies to resolve adverse trends and improve sales
- Maintain safe working conditions
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding the handling of cash, property, products and equipment
- Audit inventory levels to ensure product availability, and order products as necessary
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years’ experience in the restaurant industry (Prefer culinary experience and/or management experience.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organization and leadership skills
- Dependable and reliable
This position offers a fast-paced and challenging work environment with a long-term career opportunity for the right individual. Compensation package offers a bonus program with exceptional earning potential. Both short term and long term housing is available.
About Dixie Saloon
Located on the corner of Huron & Central in downtown Mackinaw City across from the Shepler's Mackinac Island Ferry dock!
The center of Mackinaw City night life with entertainment and dancing!