The Product Engineer acts as the technical liaison between the Engineering and Sales departments. In conjunction with Inside Sales Support, the Product Engineer will work with proposals and quotations (RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs). The Product Engineer researches, collect, and reports information on the ability and capacity of company products and competitor’s products. The position aids in the design and development of equipment and systems, and the redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers. The Product Engineer is responsible for providing equipment functionality and capability reports to the Sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Extensive work on the computer, conducting load calc, costing, quotes, preliminary drawings
• Prepares technical white papers for special equipment options
• Provide support to the Product Engineers
• Technical liaison between the Engineering and Sales departments
• “Go to” person for the Sales team on technical clarification
• Define “Unique Selling Points” of the company products and create a comparison chart against competitor’s products
• Researches information on competitor products and reports any new products or offerings from the competitors to the Sales and Engineering team
• Assist the Marketing Manager in producing marketing materials and sales tools
• Aids in design, development, and redesign of equipment
• Handover “sold jobs” to Engineering
• Work with Sales Team to prepare quotations
• Performs cost estimating for proposals in conjunction with the Sales team
• Reviews contracts to determine what documentation is required for each phase of the project
• Confers with Engineers, Managers, and Sales team to discuss projects and technical strategies
• Prepares reports, as required, on equipment functionality and capability
• Engineering degree or equivalent work experience, required
• Experience in a similar industry including sales and mechanical design, preferred
• Mechanical and technical aptitude
• Possession of intermediate skills in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Pro-E, and SAP software will be an advantage
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines
• Initiative in applying problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively work independently and as a team member
Mostly stationary work with occasional movement throughout the facility to access files, chambers, office machinery, etc. Works at a desk and a computer screen for extended periods of time. The employee must be able to manually enter data into the computer system and understand the screen and images that appear. Frequently lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs. Use of hands to hold, lift and handle materials. Occasional climbing, bending, and squatting. Periodic travel may be involved. When traveling, significant portions of travel time (both car and air) may involve extended sedentary periods. Subject to weather and adverse driving conditions when outside.
About Weiss Technik North America
Weiss Technik North America is the world’s largest manufacturer of environmental test chambers focused on technology and innovation. We serve the market with two product brands: Weiss Technik and Cincinnati Sub-Zero (CSZ). Both product brands have a reputation for providing high-quality, innovative products, and customer responsiveness. This is due to our dedicated team of employees that are committed to our customers and to developing the right solutions to exceed our customer’s needs, through design, manufacturing, and after-sale support.
We believe in employee development, propelling our employees to grow with the company. If you want to be part of an organization that helps companies test next-generation technologies, improving the safety and reliability of the products we count on every day, then this is the place for you. Our state-of-the-art offices and production facility offer innovative technology along with safe, comfortable working conditions. In addition to a rewarding and positive working environment, we offer a variety of work/life options for balancing your family and career. Weiss Technik is part of the Schunk Group, a globally active technology group with over 9000 employees in 29 countries.