The Springbrook Inn is looking for a dedicated and passionate leader to manage food operations for one of Northern Michigan’s most unique food and lodging destinations. Qualified candidates will look forward to leading both front and back of house teams in two different dining environments, casual fine dining and a tiki bar. The food and menus you create must be top notch and unique. You must have the ability to design and execute menus for private parties and large caterings. Your teams service of customers will be the finest in the area. Beyond this you will work with ownership in running an upscale bed and breakfast which means no two days are the same. The right candidate for this position will have strong leadership skills, excellent food and beverage knowledge, phenomenal cooking skills, out-of- the-box problem solving skills and the ability to handle daily challenges with a positive attitude. We offer competitive pay with flexible hours, located in Houghton Lake in beautiful Northern Michigan. The right candidate may also look forward to ownership of this quaint property. The Springbrook Inn is truly a hidden gem. If you think you are the right person for a leadership position like no other, please read the full description below and click APPLY!
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Trains, develops and motivates staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
2. Teaches preparation according to well defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the cuisine at the property.
3. Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
4. Should be able to provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the restaurants.
5. Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
6. Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
7. Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and direct staff.
8. Advocates sound financial/business decision making, demonstrates honesty, integrity and also leads by example.
9. Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
10. Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
11. Delegates as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
12. Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
13. Actively involved in menu development and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all beverages and dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
14. Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
15. Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
16. Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
17. Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
18. Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and company standards.
19. Monitors reviews and customer feedback for guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
20. Coordinates with sales representatives for the acquisition of needed goods and services.
21. Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet appearance/quality standards.
22. Ensures proper grooming and hygiene standards for all staff.
23. Ensures all employees maintain required food handling, alcohol serving and sanitation certifications.
24. Ensure proper purchasing, receiving and food storage standards in the kitchen.
25. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
26. Actively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
27. Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.
28. Ensure sufficient staffing levels are scheduled to accommodate business demands.
29. Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and food servers.
30. Actively monitors food and beverage costs.
31. Meets regularly with owner to discuss P&L and other associated operating costs.
32. Identifies the developmental needs of staff and provide coaching, mentoring, and also helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
33. Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations.
34. Take part in interviews and hire new applicants for staff.
35. Frequently review finished products for quality and presentation before the orders are sent to guest.
36. Able to perform additional duties as requested by ownership as and when required.
37. Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to industry standards.
Displays leadership in guest hospitality exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
Having an eye for detail and creativity to look at things differently will be a key to developing the Food and Beverage Experience.
3 Year Hospitality Management or equivalent Culinary university degree or 3 Years Kitchen
ServSafe Certified Kitchen Manager and TAM certification.
Proficiency with POS Systems.
Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Minimum of three years of experience in Kitchen Management.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Prudenville, MI 48651 (Required)
- Culinary Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- ServSafe (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- More than 1 year
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply