Summary of Position
SIGMA Assessment Systems is seeking a Python developer to help us develop a next-generation assessment platform for administering high-stakes testing.
The ideal candidate loves to build React single page and progressive web apps and doesn’t shy away from creating API endpoints when needed. In this role, you will be working closely with a related business and our agency partner over several phases of the project.
Key Responsibilities of Position
The successful candidate will:
- Write JSX components
- Manage state and interface with REST APIs asynchronously
- Display impressive knowledge and curiosity about web development
- Enjoy digging deep into code
- Explain difficult concepts to teammates
The successful candidate possesses knowledge and interest in:
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related field, or combination of equivalent training and experience
- Two to three years of experience in Python and front-end development
- Organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at picking up programming languages
- Self-development skills to keep current
- English proficiency, written and oral
Hours and Compensation
This is a full-time permanent position with the expectation of 37.5 hours per week. SIGMA offers competitive salaries, a health spending reimbursement account, and flexible working hours to all employees.
This position offers room for advancement and promotion as we continue to grow, limited only by your drive and abilities.
What Makes SIGMA a Great Place to Work
- We hire smart, effective, and kind people. We treat them well and pay them fairly. Many of our employees have been with us for more than 15 years, and most have advanced degrees
- A respectful and professional environment where your input is valued
- We’re family-friendly and provide an excellent work-life balance
- Time off during the winter holiday break
About SIGMA Assessment Systems, Inc.
For over 50 years, SIGMA has developed psychological assessments and offered related consulting services, with a focus on business applications of psychology, such as leadership development and employee selection. We work with executives, leaders, and other employees from a variety of industries, such as government, education, healthcare, retail, and hospitality.
SIGMA offers the opportunity to work in an engaging, challenging, and growing business with other talented individuals. Our size and structure give us a degree of flexibility