R.W. Mercer is seeking a reliable individual with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to join our team as a Petroleum Equipment Technician. We are excited to train an individual with basic mechanical and technical skills, prefers to work with their hands and is savvy with electronics/ computers. Any IT/ Networking experience is a plus. This position offers multiple pay levels and development opportunities based on technical abilities and individual performance.
The Petroleum Equipment Technician performs many tasks from calibrating fuel dispensing units to installing and diagnosing/ repairing fuel dispensers, point of sales systems, environmental monitoring equipment and system communication.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Family owned business – friendly work environment
- Full benefits package offered
- PTO and company paid holidays
- Daily overtime available after 8 hours worked for additional pay
REQUIEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Self-motivated with positive attitude toward customers and fellow employees
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Good customer relations
- Comply to all safety requirements and standards
- Ability to work outdoors year-round
- Learn through knowledge of service stations equipment and repair procedures
- Effective time management with good organizational skills
- Participation in 24 hour on call rotation once technical ability reaches a certain level
- Able to work flexible schedule/ overtime when necessary
- Manage the maintenance of company vehicle
- Maintain appropriate vehicle inventory levels
- Properly complete work orders, time sheets and required paperwork
- Adhere to company dress code
- Regular and prompt attendance
- Manage and maintain certifications
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Field environment working conditions: exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to possible hazardous traffic conditions; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery and uneven surfaces; may be required to work up to 15 hours.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an environment: walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach and twist; push, pull, lift and/or carry moderate to heavy amounts of weights of up-to 75 pounds.
Vision / Hearing
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
About R.W. Mercer Co.
R.W. Mercer Co. is a family-owned construction and service company headquartered in Jackson, Michigan with seven locations – six in Michigan and one in Indiana. The company operates in three distinct areas of construction: petroleum contracting and service, general contracting, and electrical. In each area, R.W. Mercer provides a turn-key approach that includes planning, design, construction, and installation as well as service, monitoring, and maintenance.