As a Production Operator, you will manufacture particleboard using the latest manufacturing technology. We believe in allowing employees the opportunity to learn the business over time by rotating through all areas of Production and Logistics:
- Milling and Drying – where we prepare our raw materials
- Forming and Pressing – where we make the board
- Finishing – where we size and finish the board
- Lamination – where we apply decorative lamination to the board
- Shipping – where we warehouse and load the board
Production operators will complete daily rounds for all equipment in the area and will complete preventative maintenance. They will check the condition of all equipment in the area to ensure optimum performance. Most operator positions run our process with human machine interface (HMI). This means that the operator is controlling machinery through automated computer programs. The operator communicates with the machine through a computerized control panel.
Pay and Benefits
- Competitive Wages – entry level wages begin at $17.00/hour with opportunity to grow to over $22.00/hour over the course of time based on skill levels and experiences gained within the mill.
- Benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance. We also offer 401k with employer matching, gain sharing / profit sharing, short term disability, optional long-term disability, and tuition assistance.
- Production schedule runs in 12 hour rotating shifts (days/nights).
- Workdays vary each week, with a monthly schedule of 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off (rotate between days and nights every two weeks).
Experience and Qualification
We are a 24/7 operation and expect our teams to work autonomously. This requires individuals to be self-motivated and possess excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills. Prior experience using HMI technology is beneficial and a preferred skill.
A high school diploma or GED is required. Associates degree is a plus. Successful candidates do not require prior particle board manufacturing experience; however, 1-2 years of light industrial production experience is preferred. Candidates must have a minimum of 1-2 years of full-time work experience in an environment that requires independent decision-making skills, a strong work ethic, on-the-spot problem solving, feedback and communication. Candidates must also possess a demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
Strong computer skills are desired. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel are an asset. All team members are expected to utilize a computer as a daily part of their job responsibilities.
We believe in hiring high quality individuals who align with our company culture which is why we stand behind our four-step hiring process which includes a phone screen, computerized aptitude assessment, behavioral assessment, and a panel interview.