Iron Fish Distillery, Michigan’s first farm distillery, is growing and we are on the lookout for the right people to join our team as Bartender & Servers. Iron Fish Distillery creates distinctively distilled, hand produced and bottled whiskeys, vodkas, gins, rums and specialty liquors. Every step of the process, from soil-to-spirit occurs on our 119 acre, environmentally certified, end-destination farm.
An Iron Fish Bartender must be able to convey ideas and processes important to our story. As a young business, an Iron Fish Bartender must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends (including holiday weekends), lead informed tastings to customers, maintain bar inventory, maintain a perfect cash drawer, and must be meticulous about bar cleanliness. The most important trait for an Iron Fish Bartender & Server is to be able to communicate with customers, at various levels of understanding, the entirety of the farm-to-glass process.
IFD Bartender & Server Requirements
- Prior service industry experience, or prior bartending experience
- Interest and/or knowledge of mixology and cocktail development
- Comfortable in social situations, at ease with engaging the public and an outgoing personality
- Passion for and interest in learning more about the local farm to table movement and craft spirits essential.
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently with a variety of different people and in various different work environments/situations
- Familiarity with POS (eg. Square), scheduling and office management systems essential
- Ability to lift, carry, pull or push up to 50lbs
About Iron Fish Distillery
Iron Fish Distillery is Michigan’s first working farm solely dedicated to the practice of distilling small-batch craft spirits. Our family reclaimed a late 1890’s abandoned farmstead with a simple mission in mind: we create exceptional spirits from the ground up, growing our own grain and sourcing grain from Michigan farmers with practices that respect the health of nearby watersheds. Our true passion is to offer customers and visitors the craft of soil-to-spirit distilling from a family business that cares about our employees, community, and the living land.