Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
2. Must complete a Central Registry Clearance form for the State of Michigan and any state in which residence and/or employment was previously established. Michigan Central Registry Clearance must be completed on an annual basis.
3. Must have reliable transportation and successfully complete all background and training requirements.
4. If driving is required for the assigned home/program, a valid State of Michigan driver’s license is also required.
5. Must be able to become certified in CPR/First Aid.
6. Must be able to work scheduled shifts (if required by the home/program, this may require weekends shifts).
7. Must be able to lift 50 lbs non-stationary weight. Ability to bend, twist, stoop, pivot and kneel while bearing weight of persons served. Using proper lifting techniques, possesses the ability to safely transfer persons served. Ability to stand a majority of shift or remain awake when working third shift.
8. Ability to demonstrate empathy for person’s served; being sympathetic to their needs and understanding when needed.
9. Ability to demonstrate attention to detail when interacting with consumers, passing medications and completing documentation.
10. Demonstrates critical thinking/problem solving skills; responding to medical and behavioral issues in a respectful manner or that is consistent with treatment plans.
11. Ability to take initiative and action to respond, resolve, and report or follow-up regarding service/treatment concerns, outstanding issues with family or guardians that is consistent with organizational standards and expectations.
12. Ability to work as part of a diverse team; demonstrating respect for cultural differences. Can accept instructions from co-workers and provide direction when required, understanding that the intent is to assure the needs of people served are met.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. One year experience working in a Child Caring Institution, specifically children with developmental disabilities, cognitive impairements, behavioral challenges, and/or acute or prolonged traumatic exposure is preferred.
2. Two (2) years experience or advanced degree in related field is preferred.
3. Sucessful completion the Michgian Central Registry Clearance form and any state in which
residence and/or employment was previously established at hire. Michigan Central Registry Clearance must be completed on an annual basis.
4. Must possess basic computer skills.
About Hope Network
We are advocates for people who suffer from physical, mental, and social barriers that impact their daily life. With experts across Michigan, we help them overcome, so they can live their best life possible.
Why is Hope Network Here?
Overcoming looks a little different for each person we serve. A dad recovering from a brain injury. A child living with autism. An ex-offender trying to re-enter the workforce. A mother battling severe mental illness. We exist to help these people—and thousands more. That’s why our services are so deep, broad, and connected.