The Machine Operator II will set up and operate the specified machine without supervision in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. The Machine Operator II will be a specialist with the specified machine, and will have the knowledge to handle the start to finish process, maintenance and SOPs for the machine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Receive and follow basic written and oral instructions from supervisor
Must have knowledge of e-drawings, solid models and blue prints
Be the specialist in machine set up and operation in by setting up the machine to produce parts or blanks as specified on prints, e-drawings and solid models, job tickets, or instructions
Feed stock through the machines and check parts frequently to ensure correct size and quality is maintained
Maintain equipment and machinery to good order by properly storing tools in their designated storage area and by informing the supervisor of needed repairs or replacements
Full knowledge of machine functions, cleaning requirements and maintenance requirements
Follow established SOPs for equipment or machinery operation daily
Maintain machine inspection sheets as required to help ensure proper maintenance of the machinery is up-to-date
Clean and lubricate equipment as required
Responsible for having material flowing to and from the workstation to maintain production flow
Must have full knowledge of measuring devices including a tape measure, calipers, height gauges
Complete required paperwork and production reporting
Be willing and able to train other team members on the operation, SOPs, and safety guidelines of the machine as needed
Clearly communicate with team members and leaders of any areas of concern relating to production quality, or machine or equipment functionality problems immediately
Observe and enforce all shop and safety rules/regulations
Assist with general housekeeping tasks within work area to ensure it is neat, orderly and free from safety hazards
Assist with 5S projects as needed
Other duties may be assigned at any time
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma, GED or Equivalent required
2-3 years of experience in a production environment preferred
Ability to set up and operate multiple machines
Willingness to learn new processes and procedures and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
· Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
· Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
· Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must be able to read and speak fluent English
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.