About Grand Traverse Pavilions
Grand Traverse Medical Care, the founding component and flagship of Grand Traverse Pavilions, has a tradition of excellence that spans more than four decades.
Opened in July of 1959, Grand Traverse Medical Care was built as the replacement for the 22 bed Boardman Valley Hospital. In June of 1998 it became the primary component of Grand Traverse Pavilions.
Home to more than 300 residents and 100 daily program participants, Grand Traverse Pavilions emulates 19th century buildings on-site, intricately balancing state-of-the-art accommodations and modern amenities with ambient, pastoral surroundings.
Among these offerings are adult day services, overnight respite, assisted living cottages, skilled long-term care, rehabilitation, dementia services, and health and fitness programs. Each is designed to nurture creativity, independence, and understanding among all constituents.