The Machinist is responsible for the machining of metal parts. Activities include operating hand and power tools for the finishing of parts and performing CNC operations. The Machinist position requires high attention to detail and an eye for quality.
The Machinist reports to the Production Crew Leader.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
· Awareness and safety minded
· Utilizes personal protective equipment
· Meeting production quotas
· Meeting quality standards of production runs
· Following standardized processes – Cast, Trim and Inspect parts to meet customer requirements
· Following written work instructions – perform essential job functions for each specified process
· Complete inspection of parts – both before and after processing – to ensure product quality
· Excellent attendance
· Housekeeping of work area
· High attention to detail
· Ability to flex between different production roles within the plant
· Accurately complete required documentation
· Flexibility to work overtime to meet production goals
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent education/experience
• CNC experience preferred, but not required
• Quality inspection experience preferred, but not required
CONSIDERATIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Ability to lift, bend, kneel and stand for durations of time, as well as; the ability to properly lift 20 lbs. to 30 lbs. on a periodic basis. Standing and movement 8-10 hours per shift (day) on a routine basis.
· Working in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness to learn and be a team player
About ZD Metal Products, Inc.
ZD Metal Products specializes in light-weight castings for the automotive, agricultural, recreational, and commercial industries. We manufacture magnesium castings, machine, assemble, and test our products. Our customers include OEM and several large Tier 1 automotive suppliers, as well as off highway, material handling, electronics, sports equipment and other industrial companies, both domestically and internationally. ZD Metal Products is a subsidiary of Zhongding, a leading Chinese automotive supplier, located in the Anhui Province of China. With a market capitalization of greater than 3.8 billion EUR it is one of the 200 largest Chinese corporations.