Moeller Aerospace is investing in insourcing welding operations at our Harbor Springs facility. This position will be responsible for creating a TIG welding operation from the ground up welding high-nickel super alloys. This role will analyze, design, implement, and continuously improve procedures and standards for inhouse TIG welding of aerospace components.
• Implement AS9100 conforming weld procedures. Obtain AWS certification for Moeller Aerospace plus all relevant customer approvals for TIG welding.
• Create and maintain welding techniques, procedures, and documentation using knowledge of mechanical properties and characteristics of aerospace parts and engineering principles.
• Develop and maintain welder continuity plans and in-depth knowledge training for new hires.
• Test incoming raw materials through robust quality/inspection procedures.
• Implement and monitor cost savings initiatives.
• Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements.
• Weld parts to customer prints with TIG weld procedures.
• Read models/drawings and take measurements to plan efficient layout and procedures.
• Determine the appropriate welding equipment, set up, and tools based on customer requirements.
• Set up components for welding according to specifications.
• Perform metallographic analysis of materials used within Moeller Aerospace manufacturing in collaboration with the Quality department.
• Utilize laboratory test equipment and apparatus and arrange and suggest modifications of equipment to ensure adequate inspection for quality.
• Record any test and quality findings and prepare and analyze results for review with customers.
• Evaluate received supplier request for quotations regarding welding and support bid packages on quoted programs.
About Moeller Aerospace
Moeller Aerospace is a self-sufficient center of excellence for turbine airfoils, seals, and other flight critical components; especially those made from exotic, high-temperature and titanium alloys. Moeller also designs and manufactures its very own Click-Loc™ self-locking technology that positively resists loosening due to vibration, extreme thermal cycling, and all other environmental conditions.