Our growing company is seeking to hire full-time Production Operators for all shifts. Starting at $15.50/hr.
As an employee/owner at MEC, you will set-up, adjust and operate several production machine tools where tooling, setup detail and operating procedures are standardized and obvious- or operate and maintain setups on special purpose machines where operations may involve several progressive machining sequences.
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits: medical/dental/vision insurance at 30 days, paid time off at 90 days, quarterly bonuses, sign-on/stay-on bonuses, flexible scheduling, paid holidays, 401(k), employee stock
Schedule: first shift (5:00AM – 3:30PM Monday-Thursday) second shift (3:30PM – 2:00AM); OT daily and on Fridays, as needed
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Work from assembly drawings and specifications.
- Selects and aligns dies in press according to specifications.
- Positions work piece against fixtures or stops on machine bed or on die.
- Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Regulates air pressure and oil pressure.
- Inspects work pieces for conformance to specifications and adjusts machine to correct errors.
- Packages parts in appropriate containers.
- Cleans and lubricates machines.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Works with tooling department with new tooling and troubleshooting issues with existing tooling
- Ability to inspects production parts and do buddy checks of other operators
- Ability to trouble shoot machines and operations to better improve overall margins of products
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- Three plus months of related experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read blueprints, work orders, and follow instructions.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
- LEADS BY EXAMPLE and promotes and supports management decisions.
About Mayville Engineering Co., Inc.
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 10 years in a row. That recognition isn’t handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from the 3,000 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say shareholders? YES! MEC is an employee-owned company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states.