The company is currently seeking an Assembly Operator in Boyne City, MI.
SALARY: Starting at $18.90/hr.
Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifuku.com), a group company of Daifuku in Japan – the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing, and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
- Assemble components, sub-assemblies, and company products as required.
- Count, weigh, transport and store materials.
- Deliver materials and parts to departments as required.
- Handle and transport raw materials, parts, supplies in and between departments for machining, assembly, or other forms of processing.
- Perform material handling work directly related to production operations.
Crate company products for shipping.
- Bench or line assembly work operation contributing to final assembly.
- Use hand tools or bench type power equipment.
- Recognize obvious defective or damaged parts, incorrect sizes, faulty workmanship and general quality and report to supervisor.
- Receive parts as required and move to proper storage locations.
- Participation in the company quality and ISO processes.
- Operate specific equipment as indicated on the Boyne City Skills Matrix.
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
- Vocational, High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to interpret drawings and Bills of Material.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to read and write.
Jervis B. Webb offers an excellent compensation package which includes:
- Medical/RX Insurance – three plan options (2 with HSA with employer contributions)
- Dental &Vision Coverage
- $500 sign on bonus
- $500 UNLIMITED Referral Bonuses
- 401K Retirement Plan – with a company match of 100% on the first 3% of employee contributions
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Medical and dependent care Flexible Spending Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (ie: Critical Illness, Accident, Dependent Life)
- Short term disability
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid vacation time and (10) paid holidays per year
- Overtime is paid at time and one-half & double time as per Labor Agreement
About Jervis B. Webb Company
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, or medical condition. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please call 248-553-1200.
Currently our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1200 and leave a message and your call will be returned.