The company is currently seeking a Welder in Boyne City, MI.
SALARY: Starting at $19.56/hr.
Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifuku.com), a group company of Daifuku in Japan – the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing, and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
- Set up, adjust and operate a mig or heli arc welder to join metal parts by a series of spot or continuous weld seams in accordance with dimensional specifications.
- Position parts in welding jigs or clamp assemblies together using fixed measuring gauges, rigged stop gauges or scale to control dimensional requirements.
- Weld metal components together to fabricate products, parts, or equipment.
- Regulate current input to obtain proper weld fusion between metal members. Determine number of welds to be spotted. Set automatic timing devices to insure proper weld strength.
- Clean, dress, and replace electrodes.
- Work from drawings, sketches, templates, job layouts and welding instructions.
- Use scale, square, and protractor and fixed gauges to set up, operate and check work.
- Know all welding symbols.
- Operate oxygen acetylene cutting torch.
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
- Vocational, High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to interpret drawings and Bills of Material.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to read and write.
Jervis B. Webb offers an excellent compensation package which includes:
- Eligible on date of hire for Medical/RX Insurance – three plan options (2 with HSA with employer contributions)
- Eligible on date of hire for Dental &Vision Coverage
- $500 sign on bonus
- $500 UNLIMITED Referral Bonuses
- $500 Quarterly Perfect Attendance Bonus Program
- 401K Retirement Plan – with a company match of 100% on the first 3% of employee contributions
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Medical and dependent care Flexible Spending Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (ie: Critical Illness, Accident, Dependent Life)
- Short term disability
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid vacation time after 90 days and (11) paid holidays per year (includes one floating holiday)
- Overtime is paid at time and one-half & double time as per Labor Agreement
About Jervis B. Webb Company
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, or medical condition. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please call 248-553-1200.
Currently our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1200 and leave a message and your call will be returned.